Our current campaign is working alongside Costa Rican government Rangers for a period of 12 months, protecting both marine and terrestrial National Parks. We provide a ship, smaller tactical vessels, military UAV, K9 Unit, and personnel. Operations include surveillance and patrols of offshore and coastal waters, and surveillance and patrols of Jungle areas. In most cases the operations are targeting illegal activities such as logging, mining, wildlife poaching, and fishing, within Costa Rica’s National Parks. Click HERE for more details on this exciting campaign.
Historically our work has focussed on various conservation areas that save wildlife or habitat. In most campaigns we work alongside government teams, providing assets, resource, personnel and expertise. Much of this is fisheries enforcement, especially targeting foreign vessels fishing illegally, or people engaged in destructive fishing. We target wildlife smuggling rings, wildlife poachers, illegal loggers and illegal gold miners. We also run missions to rescue and release illegally held animals such as dolphin and monkeys. A small sampling of these missions is found in the videos below. More details can be accessed by clicking on the banner images above. If you just want a really quick summary of what we do, watch the large video at the bottom of this page.
* Caught Vietnamese Boat with 15 ton of illegal fish (2015)
* Caught fleet of 15 illegal fishing vessels including 3 purse seiners (2018)
* Caught the Dan Israel R, an illegal pirate fishing vessels (2017)
* Caught 7 boats fishing illegal in Cocos Is. MPA (2013)
* Caught illegal bottom trawler in Guanacaste (2013)
* Caught fishermen using dynamite in Philippines (2017)
* Caught fishermen using cyanide in Philippines (2017)
* Caught fishermen using folidol poison in Amazon (2018)
* Exposed the brutal Seal Clubbing in Namibia (2012)
* Exposed 2 illegal logging operations in Sumatra (2015)
* Exposed numerous illegal logging operations in Amazon (2017-2018)
* Closed 2 illegal wildlife smuggling operations in Indonesia (2015)
* Captured and released a dolphin being held illegally in Indonesia (2015)
* Closed 2 illegal gold mining operations in Costa Rica (2015)
* Rescued a pangolin that was to be sold to a wildlife trader (2015)
* Trained various Ranger teams in Asia, Africa and Central America
The video above is a demo reel we put together for one of the conferences that Captain Bethune spoke at recently. It’s a great summary of the work we do, and has brief details on many of our missions, as well as our early history.
Anti-poaching is among the most grueling of all conservation work. Much of it is long hikes in hostile jungles, removing snares, and trying to locate heavily armed poachers. In the mission above, we sadly came across an elephant carcass that had been poached.